The Minis’ U7s to U10s and U12s hosted Romsey on Sunday 10th March, with Ellingham & Ringwood also joining in with the U10s. The wind was in full force, but we still had good numbers in attendance and much fun was had by all.
In the U7s, despite a huge wind blowing cones and balls onto the pitch mid play, the players had great fun. One spectator commented “we can’t believe how much fun you have had”.
In the U12s we lent Romsey 3 players on a rotation basis, so that our players had the opportunity to play for both teams. Last time we played Romsey we beat them 10 tries to 3, so the pressure was on to make it a high scoring event for our players. Many of our players scored tries for both us and Romsey and both teams had a lot of fun, which is the aim of the game at these events. The U12s have had some real successes this season, losing only 5, out of approximately 30, games so far. The squad is building well and will certainly be ‘one to watch’ next season as they enter the Junior section of the club in the U13s in September.
There are only four weeks of the season left for the Minis, but there is still plenty of action to go:
• U7s, U8s, U11s & U12s away to Tottonians on 17th March
• U9s & U10s in a Hampshire tournament at Petersfield on 17th March
• U7s & U8s in a Hampshire tournament at Winchester on 24th March
• Minis’ End of Season Presentation morning on 31st March
• The final festival of the season on 7th April at Bournemouth
• As usual, the U6s and U4s&5s will be training every Sunday at 10am at Fordingbridge Rec until 31st March.